Saturday, August 13, 2011

Mom Visits & Ann Arbor

My mom arrived yesterday from D.C. and today we drove the 13 track cd (as I like to time it) drive to Ann Arbor. I wished we lived there, but the commute for Javier would be a little ridiculous so weekend trips and these photos will have to suffice.


Breakfast before the day trip. Notice the squirt gun used for a misbehaving Paco. He was, however, on his best behavior during the trip and he got so much attention I think I'm going to look for commercial sponsorship for him.



Mom at the sweet Aunt Agatha's New and Used Mystery Bookstore. When I called to double-check that dogs were allowed the owner said, "Heck ya!"


One cool dude plus a passion fruit cupcake


The University of Michigan's Arboretum. Yes, we were hounded by dog-size mosquitoes (especially Javier), but I want to go back. I bet fall there will knock-out beautiful.


Mom, Paco, and I at the Arboretum


Paco having the time of his life in his first river


Javier trying to run Paco ragged, or vice versa


The prairie landscape at the Arboretum


Lovely pods in the prairie

1 comment:

Life of a Wanna Be Writer said...

Looks like you had a great trip with your mom! Glad to see you settling in!!!