Friday, August 2, 2013

Portland!

The exhausting trip from Ohio to Oregon was totally worth it because we had such a great time once we landed in Portland! We stayed in a lovely house in the Alberta Arts district, hung out with a bunch of friends from Tucson--including my childhood friend Rachel, plus her sweet family, whose photo I didn't get--and, of course, there was the beautiful wedding of Beth and Chris--the whole reason we were in Portland to begin with--at the stunning Cascade Locks.


The approach into Portland along the Columbia River: Mt. Hood?

Chico, one of our housemates at the airbnb casa in the Alberta Arts District

Farley, a boxer-pit mix like Lola, who was also madly in love with Lola

Beth, the dogs and I at the Sandy River. I was a lucky lady to get the bride-to-be to myself for a few hours

Lisa and the neon pink underwear gift for Beth's bachelorette party in Laurelhurst Park
Sunny day at the Rose Garden

Papa and baby at the dowtown foodtruck block

Annetta arrives: part of the gang together downtown

Leni, Lori and Rodin at the rehearsal dinner at the Polish Association-yummy Polish food!

Couldn't help but sneak another Chico photo in here

On the drive out to the Cascade Locks we saw this strange number

Bria and Gus!



The gorgeous, gorgeous wedding site on Thunder Island looking out over the Columbia River at Washington

Noel--my fellow toaster--and Louisa



The Mexican wedding flags a group of us arranged

Selfie

The locks

Cutting the delicious cake--tres leches! Also, the best shot I have of Beth's gorgeous dress, though it doesn't do her or the dress justice

great expressions, guys

Pinky up

Mischievious, round 2

The groom, Chris, photo bombing a photo with Beth

Louisa, the gorgeous (my favorite word for this wedding) bride Beth, and me

Ah yeah, dance time


These two know how to get down

The morning after the wedding: tired, but also a common expression I have when Javier snaps a photo of me

Multnomah Falls, a few miles from the Cascade Locks

The ladies 

A shot of the gang

No comments: